It is important to follow these guidelines, to obtain maximum benefit from your treatment and to help avoid any adverse reactions.
For 24 hours after treatment:
- Drink at least 2 litres of water or herbal tea. (to flush out toxins that have been released)
- Avoid anything strenuous or stressful. Eat a light diet. Avoid alcohol & caffeine.
- Relax and keep warm.
- Avoid sunbeds/sunlight and heat treatments, as some oils used are photosensitising and can cause sensitivity to the sun for a few hours after use.
- Leave all oils on the skin for at least 4 hours after treatment to allow full absorption and to obtain maximum benefits of the treatment.
- Do not have waxing or heat treatments before or after treatment.
- Drink 2 litres of water or herbal tea per day.
- Reduce intake of caffeine drinks.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet, with plenty of fresh fruit & vegetables.
- Take regular exercise.
- Get out in the fresh air.
- Use relaxation techniques.
- Aim to reduce/eliminate smoking and alcohol if applicable.
You may experience after effects, such as headaches or tiredness, more frequent urination, laughing, crying or dizziness. This is quite normal and is a positive reaction to the treatment as toxins are released from the body. After effects can be reduced or eliminated, if you adhere to the advice given above and usually disappear after a few days.
You may also experience ear wax continuing to seep from the ears for around 48 hours after a Hopi Ear Candle treatment.